As a company in the IT industry, it is essential for us to align our day-to-day work and our range of services with aspects of sustainability.
This claim is reflected in our development and work processes in which quality, resource conservation, ease of use, the greatest possible security of our applications, and the well-being of our employees have the highest priority.
Therefore, for MERENTIS Managed Services, “sustainability in the digital working world” means not only pursuing economic goals, but also focusing on ecological and social aspects.
This is exactly what we want to offer our customers with our services, products and solutions. But our commitment to sustainability goes far beyond what is described.
What are we doing for sustainability?
Together for the future ... for a healthy growth
- Our home office concept reduces energy costs and company car travel expenses
- Through the intelligent implementation of our cloud infrastructure, costs were significantly optimized
- Business process optimization with the cloud (e.g. PowerPlatform)
- Microsoft Teams for shorter and more effective communication channels
- Successive conversion to service vehicles with alternative drive types
Together for us ... because our employees are important to us
- Work-life balance through a regulated mobile working concept
- Company fitness for balance
- Various further training courses for current and future specialists
- Location independence through use of Teams as a central collaboration tool incl. telephony
- Bike leasing and VBN ticket “TIM” for our trainees
- Free drinks and fruit for a carefree work in the office
- We strengthen cohesion through regular employee events
- Support for local sports clubs and the children’s hospice Löwenherz e.V.
- Participation in public events and much more
Together for tomorrow ... for a better environment
- We promote the use of green electricity
- We save energy by locking workstations and turning off monitors
- We rely on mobile workplaces to reduce CO2 emissions from travel to the workplace
- We separate waste and try to avoid waste as best as possible
- We are where the customers are – remotely or on site
- CO2 savings through runtime optimization of our servers in the cloud
We don’t just talk about it,
we do it!
Here you can read about the implementation of some of our projects.
It's us ...
There is one thing that is even closer to our hearts than IT, and that is strong and fairer cohesion in society.
We as MERENTIS GmbH are involved in several social projects. In addition to supporting regional sports and soccer clubs for children with disabilities, we also support the Löwenherz e.V. children’s hospice.
In some companies, working from home has long been standard practice. Others have not yet seen the need to create the conditions for mobile working – and were suddenly left out in the cold when they had to send their employees to the home office overnight in March 2020.
In the following months after the outbreak of the pandemic, we worked on optimizing the concept, from the necessary hardware to the infrastructure to a sensible arrangement for on-site presence.
With the appropriate hardware and the tools on it, our employees can work from home without any problems. We thus offer a modern future-oriented workplace.
24/7 was yesterday ...
Through continuous exchange with our IT administration and our specialist departments, we were able to develop a concept for runtime optimization of our cloud infrastructure. This enabled us to ensure that our servers only run when they are really needed.
By implementing this concept, we have achieved significant cost and energy savings.
Furthermore, a central utilization dashboard ensures that the sizing of the servers can be kept up-to-date and in line with demand.
Teams, the collaboration tool
When Microsoft Teams was introduced, it was initially used for internal communication and collaboration via chat, video telephony and the use of Teams channels.
Over time, Teams was successively expanded to include functions such as workflows for business processes, wikis or task planning. Even telephony was migrated to Teams. Now Teams is our central collaboration tool and an indispensable part of everyday work.
Integration of the telephone system in teams
As part of the switch to IP telephony, we introduced a cloud telephone system at our company.
This laid the foundation for us to be able to use telephony regardless of location.
The best part was the 100% integration with MS Teams. This means that our central collaboration tool can be used for telephony without having to install additional applications on the PCs, notebooks or smartphones.
Furthermore, the concept allowed us to completely avoid the purchase of new hardware such as servers, network components and phones.
The digital vacation request
In Q1 2022, we digitized the manual business process of applying for leave and implemented it with Power Platform in M365.
Through the seamless interaction of PowerApps, Teams, SharePoint online and Exchange online, we are now able to live this process significantly faster, more convenient and better documented.
The digital workflows save our employees unnecessary walking and time. Furthermore, by using PowerApps for Teams and the smartphone, the creation process is very convenient and also available outside the company location.
Also interesting for you?
We would be happy to advise you.